9.21.2011

Please Remain Calm

Today was another rough and tough day at school, but in a good way because I was rough and tough, too.

I was rough and tough in moderation. I saved my energy because I knew that I had a long day ahead of me. I'm putting up emotional shields and detaching myself from the craziness that is my classroom.

By the end of the day, I was responding to outright ridiculous behavior with oddly polite redirections: "J, please have a seat." "D, set down the table. Homework on top of the table. Table on the floor.""S, it is not nice to throw things because you hit T in the eye with that paperclip."

No anger.

Just calm.

It definitely is working in terms of my sustainability... and it's kinda working in making kids get it together, too.

Let's see how far this calmness thing can go.

No comments: