1.25.2014

2013: The Year of "Do"

What I Did:

1. My sisters came to Tokyo for the first time in over a decade.

...we visited a shrine for New Year along with what I can only assume is about half the population of Japan.



2. I made new friends.
...mostly French.


...and also a lot of ex-pat, former-Cali, new friends

3. I faced my fear of heights.


4. I inadvertently had a week-long full immersion Japanese experience...


...and traversed some sand dunes while I was at it.


5. I saw (...and ate...) almost all of Taiwan.



6. Spent 10 days in China...





6. ... a few days in South Korea...



7. ...and some family time for Christmas and New Year in the Philippines.


...with Ayumi, my other half.


8. I continued old hobbies.


I ran a lot.









(one relay race, three half marathons, a 9-mile "run from hell" (as it's actually called), 
and one full marathon, to be exact)

And I read a lot.


(40 books!)


And I found one of my new favorite books, Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts.

9. I also pushed myself to get better at newer hobbies.


10. I took a step or two forward in the love department.



11. Most importantly, I enjoyed life to the fullest all year round.







Thanks for the memories, 2013!

No comments: